Quinoa has become a very popular food, both because it's delicious and versatile, and because it has numerous health benefits. One of those benefits comes from the fact that quinoa contains large amounts of Vitamin B2, a nutrient that can help promote healthy eyes.
Try this hearty and delicious dish today. Your eyes and taste buds will thank you for it!
3/4 cup quinoa (rinsed)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 small carrot (thinly sliced)
1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
2 tsp. grated ginger
1 clove garlic (sliced)
1 small red chile, chopped (optional)
2 cups snow peas (trimmed)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 egg (beaten)
4 oz. grilled chicken breast (cubed)
2 scallions (chopped)
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1. Place the quinoa in a small saucepan and add a 3/4 cup of water and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
2. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa absorbs the water.
3. Remove from heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork and leave uncovered for a few minutes.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the carrot slices, stirring occasionally for about a minute, or until the carrots soften.
5. Add the chopped bell pepper, ginger, garlic and chile pepper (if desired). Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add the snow peas and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, stirring frequently for another minute or so.
7. Transfer the vegetables into a bowl and return the skillet to the stove.
8. Add the quinoa mixture along with the beaten egg. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the egg is evenly distributed.
9. Add the cooked vegetables, chicken, scallions, cilantro and soy sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
For other great recipes, download a FREE eBook copy of our Eats for Your Eyes Cookbook!