Lire la suite Recettes
A Fruity Chia Seed Dessert That’s Great For Your Eyes
Posted on June 14th, 2016
This wonder food has fast become a popular staple item due to its weight-loss and heart-health benefits, but did you know Chia seeds can also help to keep your eyes healthy? In terms of the eyes, chia seeds have high omega-3 fatty acid content that helps to maintain a healthy ocular surface and improve dry eye conditions.
If you’re unsure how to prepare chia seeds, don’t stress – it’s not complicated. It’s as simple as mixing the ingredients and leaving the mixture in the fridge overnight. Chill for at least 12 hours for the chia seeds to swell up and soften.
Total time: Overnight
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (can be substituted with milk or, for the lactose-intolerant, partially sweetened soya milk)
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- A few fresh pitted cherries or berries, for garnish (optional)
- A small handful of toasted nuts, such as almonds or crushed pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a container that can be sealed, such as a glass mason jar. Stir well and keep refrigerated overnight.
- Top the pudding with the berries or nuts before serving chilled.
Serve and enjoy!
For other great recipes, download a FREE eBook copy of our Eats for Your Eyes Cookbook!