You can trust us for safe, comprehensive eye care
As Canada begins easing COVID-19 restrictions our clinics across the country will remain open by appointment in all provinces for safe comprehensive eye exams and eyewear shopping. Please contact your local FYidoctors clinic for the most up to date information.
Find A Location
As doctors, the health of you and your family is our top priority, which is why we are continuing to implement a new examination process with enhanced safety procedures. You can trust us to provide you with comprehensive eye care and peace of mind in a safe clinic environment. Doctors and staff will continue to wear face masks and other personal protective equipment, in addition to adopting rigorous disinfection procedures. All our processes go above the standards set by local health authorities and depend on minimizing the time patients spend in our clinics.
To see a demonstration please view the following video. We have also outlined our new procedures below. It is important to note your clinic experience may be different based on the current risk of COVID-19 in your area. All our staff have been thoroughly trained and are intent on providing the safest and best of patient care.
We need your help to ensure you and your clinic stays safe
- Please call ahead to book your appointment to help us monitor the number of people in our clinics.
- Leading up to your appointment we will try to conduct a pre-appointment call by phone or online video chat to review your case history.
- The staff member on the call is trained in privacy and the information collected will only be shared with your doctor in your official patient file. This is the same type of information you would fill in on forms at your family physician or dentist’s office.
Checking in and welcome
- All staff will be wearing masks, and you will be requested to bring and wear a medical grade mask as well. If you do not have a medical grade mask, we are happy to provide one for you.
- We will also be asking you to wash and sanitize your hands.
- When checking in you will be asked how you are feeling. If you feel ill, have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough or fever, or have travelled outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Depending on certain risk factors, we may also take your temperature.
- We will issue you a numbered card to help keep track of and minimize the number of patients in the clinic at any given time.
- There will be fewer waiting room chairs, spaced out to encourage physical distancing.
- All of our pre-test and exam rooms and equipment will be personally sanitized for each patient.
- If you notice the conversation with your doctor is happening at a distance, please do not take it personally, as it is just an added precaution.
Shopping for new glasses
- Our opticians will help you select a few pairs of frames to try on, which will be placed in a tray to be passed back and forth between you.
- All of our frames have been disinfected and will be disinfected after each use.
- We also encourage patients to pre-shop online or book a consultation through our virtual personal shopping service before or after your appointment. Through an online video chat, one of our eyewear consultants will help you choose the perfect frames and lenses right from the comfort of your home.
- You can have your glasses or contacts delivered directly to your home for free. If you would rather pick them up at the clinic you can also request curbside pickup.
We hope that through these procedures, you can feel confident that you and your family are able to receive the eye care you need while being fully protected. Things may look a little different as we get back to normal but we are here for you no matter what and will do whatever it takes to keep you safe and ensure you see your best.
Book an appointment
To help us best practice physical distancing, please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Find A Location
We look forward to continuing to provide you with safe, comprehensive eye care!